Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lightning

Friday night after the conference, we went out to eat at Cedars (the greatest Lebanese food ever). Just as we were finishing our meal, I got a call from the Reverend. Instantly I could tell from his voice something was wrong. Three of our students at Keyo had been struck my lightning. Two of the girls died there on the spot, and the third was being treated at Lacor Hospital. I guess the three girls (all close friends) had been out at the well behind the school and were caught in the rain. They were struck as they were venturing back to their dormitory. My heart just sank as the Reverend told me the news. I heart hurts for the their families and the other students at Keyo. I am very grateful for the knowledge I have of God’s plan for us on this earth and pray that the families and students will be blessed with this same knowledge and comfort at this difficult time.


No comments:

Post a Comment