Sunday, December 30, 2012

Honduras

Honduras
Dec 28th - Jan 5th, 2012 & 2013

As I landed in Honduras and began to interact with the beautiful Honduranian people, my thoughts turned quickly to the words of the prophet Joseph Smith, (paraphrased here) "Once your life has truly been touched by the Lord, you will not be content to bless the life of your family alone, but desire to roam the face of the earth blessing the lives of all His children." Returning home from Uganda a year and a half ago, my heart was heavy and I struggled re-acclimating to my life in a developed country. The words of the prophet comforted me then, as they do now embarking on this adventure. I know that one of my great callings in this life is to serve others and I am so very thankful to the Lord for this opportunity. Service to God is our greatest calling, and I know that when I am in the service of others, I am only in the service of my God. I know that in being here that the Lord will leverage my efforts to do the greatest good and bless lives. Even the smallest things and actions will be leverage for the greatest good.

As I accepted full-time employment, I was scared that the opportunities to do humanitarian work were a part of the past for a while. Earlier this fall, I prayed for several weeks for opportunities to serve others. While I was blessed with many opportunities to serve those around me, I pleaded with the Lord that I would have the opportunity to do more and travel internationally again. When Laura emailed me about this trip, I knew that, once again, my prayer had been answered. I am so thankful to again be among the Lords most humble and simple people. I am eager to do what I can to serve and make the lives of these people better. I pray that my strength will be adequate and that my heart & mind will be open to the teachings of the Lord while I am here among this beautiful people. Stay tuned for more updates from my first time in Central America!



No comments:

Post a Comment